2G Bioenergy is an important step in the transition towards a new energy model which enables economic development without increasing global warming, the depletion of natural resources and energy uncertainty.
This is especially significant in the transportation sector, which has the largest increase in CO2 emissions, and which is the most complex when renewable energies are to be introduced. Biofuels are the only renewable alternative for transportation in the short and medium term.
Benefits of 2G Bioenergy RBA Ambiental
- Energy Safety: A model which permits to reuse a residue (UCO) as an energy resource is more than adequate to ensure supply.
- Food Safety: It avoids the reuse of used cooking oils, favoring the consumption of more nutritious products without dangerous components that can harm health.
- Climate and Environmental Safety:
- It greatly diminishes water contamination.
- It diminishes the contamination of soil, drains, and sewers.
- It reduces the serious environmental consequences originated by the use of fossil fuels. Through its life cycle, it reduces greenhouse gas emissions by over 85%*.
- It does not compete for the use of agricultural soils and contributes to forestation.